Thursday, August 27, 2015

AMERICAN AIRLINES' PASSENGER MARGARET BASSETTI

As I reminisce, I keep coming back to Margaret Bassetti. I have had several book signings and my last was another signing at the Salt Lake Airport for my book "More Than a Ticket  Memoirs Flying with American Airlines from Props to Jets," however none have been as touching as my first book signing with Margaret Bassetti.  You might say that this post is a picture scrapbook with a picture worth a whole bunch of words. My desire is that it highlights how  an American Airlines' passenger can become a wonderful friend. Margaret was on my Jan. 25, 1959 Inaugural Flight from Los Angeles to New York, Margaret as a passenger and I as her stewardess. Positive relationships are key to having a friendship. Stewardesses were trained to think of others with a smile, magazine, pillow, blanket, and the spirit of how can I help make your life comfortable. Think of her as your mother.

Smile

              Passenger Margaret Bassetti became a dear friend.






















Memorial coin from the first Boeing 707 Jet Flight. Margaret made her coin into a necklace.








Boeing 707 Inaugural Flight aircraft as it left Seattle for Los Angeles


Captain  Macatee Inaugural Flight Boeing 707






Boeing 707 first transcontinental jet nonstop trip - crew


 
Passenger Margaret on the Inaugural Flight









Thank you Margaret for being a very special part of my life.







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Argie, You are such a wonderful person! Auntie Margaret truly believed you two were connected in spirit and soul. She also thought the book was about her, but I let her carry on with that thought. :-) Your words are touching. Your use of my words brought me to tears. Thank you for being you, for your love of Auntie, and for your friendship. They are all what connects me to you. And for that, I am grateful. Lorraine

argie hoskins shumway said...

Thank you Lorraine. You made the Auntie Margaret part of the book live. I will always be grateful for all you did to make her dream come true of being a very special part of the book. The both of you are dear to me. Relationships are precious to relive in the memories of time. Lorraine you are a friend. Thank you!

argie hoskins shumway said...

I would like to thank those of you who have brought the book: More Than a Ticket Memoirs Flying with American Airlines from Props to Jet. I really am honored to have it become a friend as you enjoy the words that came from my heart. Somewhere in the clouds of time we will be friends.

flightforsure.com said...

American Airlines International Flights Booking USA- People who are looking to travel internationally can rely on flightforsure.com to get the most popular American Airlines routes to cities in the world. Fight For Sure really makes the world your oyster by providing deals on thousands of international travel destinations.